The firm of Allison & Allison was founded in Pittsburg by brothers James Allison (1870-1955) and David Allison (1881-1962). They came to Los Angeles in 1910 and were active until the early 1940s. They were known for their educational buildings, and designed several at UCLA, including Royce Hall (1929). They also designed many important churches and schools, including the Wilshire Boulevard Temple (1922-29) by David Allison with A. Edelman and S. Tilden Norton. The firm moved its offices to the Edison building upon its completion.