ANSWER: Si, Senor, it is the old Pico House, the oldest hotel in Los Angeles and little pueblo's first three-story structure. Built in 1869, it was the sensation of its day -- had floors and bathtubs. It was named, of course, after Pio Pico, last Mexican Governor of California. Its location is now designated as the southeast corner of Plaza and N Main Sts. That big square shape at the extreme right in the photograph is, of course, the Federal Building, and , beyond it, the tower of the City Hall.
View of The Fifth Street Store, also known as Walker's Store, located on the Southwest corner of Broadway & 5th Street. There is a sign above the building that reads "The 5th Street Store, S&H Green Stamps." Cars are parked along both sides of the street. Pedestrians can be seen walking on the sidewalks and crossing the street.