Frederick Walpole Hoar, who has completed five years in the United States Army Reserve, is sworn to another period of service by Maj. Avery J. French, a unit instructor of the Los Angeles reserve area.
The Exposition Park Armory Armory (also known as the 160th Regiment State Armory)was designed in 1912 by architect John W. Woollett. It opened in 1914. A later name is the Wallis Annenberg Building for Science Learning and Innovation at the California Science Center.
About 150 soldiers in uniforms and helmets marching in lines alongside Santa Fe train passenger cars, near the Exposition Park Armory on Exposition Blvd., with the 2nd story of Bridge Hall on the University of Southern California campus visible behind the train. There are cars in the right background.