ANSWER: Shown in the picture is the memorial, Campo de Cahuenga, scene of the signing of the Treaty of Cahuenga by Lt. Col. John C. Fremont of the U.S. Army and Gen Andres Pico of the Mexican forces. By this treaty, signed Jan. 13, 1847, the United States acquired California. This memorial building and courtyard are at 3919 Lankershim Blvd., near the Los Angeles River and across the street from Universal City.
ANSWER: Sure, it's the memorial to the late U.S. Sen. Frank Putnam Flint on the south, or 1st St., lawn of the City Hall. It was erected and dedicated in 1933. A prominent Southland attorney and developer before his death in 1929, Flint also was the founder of Flintridge Estate.
ANSWER: Naturally, it’s the city's most colorful fountain, the memorial to William Mulholland, "father" of Los Angeles' water supply. Located at Riverside Drive and Los Feliz Blvd., the fountain's changing sprays are dramatically illuminated with varying colored lights. It was dedicated on 1940. And, yes as a boy, Mulholland lived in a ramshackle farm on this very spot.