Six members of the Native Sons of Golden West pose for a photograph with the bronze medallion that they presented at the dedication of the Santa Barbara Courthouse. James A. Wilson, Junior Past Grand President, is on the far right. The medallion is inscribed: "Native Sons Of The Golden West, Dedicated august 14 1929." They are standing in front of the main doorway to the courthouse where the dedication took place.
A dance troupe of 8 women and one man performing in the Old Spanish Days Fiesta wave from an exterior staircase on the garden facade of the Santa Barbara County Courthouse to the right of the main entrance
This photograph was part of the coverage taken for the Los Angeles Times article "Charm of Spanish Days Retained: Santa Barbara Gay For Fiesta, Beautiful New Courthouse Formally Dedicated, History of State Pictured in $1,500,000 structure, Three-Day Festival Opens Today With Pageant," 8/15/1929.
Birdseye view of the dedication ceremony for the Santa Barbara County Courthouse with the dedication participants on the left, performers on the lawn in the center and spectators seated on the lawn in the background.
Member of the Native Sons of the Golden West standing at a microphone in front of the newly completed Santa Barbara County Courthouse during the dedication ceremony. Other participants in the ceremony are seated on folding chairs behind him. The ceremony took place on the day before the start of the annual "Old Spanish Days" festival.
Steel girders outlining a portion of Santa Barbara Courthouse, among palm trees and bushes, with path with decorative pillars and sidewalk in foreground, at the intersection of Santa Barbara Street and Figueroa Street