Valhalla Memorial Park cemetery was founded in 1923 by two Los Angeles financiers, John R. Osborne and C. C. Fitzpatrick, constructed primarily in 1924, and dedicated in 1925. Osborne and Fitzpatrick were convicted of fraud in 1925, because they had sold the same burial plots to multiple people. Each was fined $12,000 and sentenced to 10 years in prison, but served less than 3 years. Photo appears to have been taken during the construction period as workers installed more than thirty miles of irrigation piping, most likely in 1924. A sign identifying the site as Valhalla Memorial Park is visible in the photograph.