An unidentified woman speaking into a microphone, James A. Wilson (center, left), member of the Native Sons of the Golden West, and another man holding up a U. S. flag, and two other men holding up a California State flag at the dedication ceremony for the Santa Barbara Courthouse. Ceremony participants are seated on folding chairs and the courthouse entrance is behind them. Observers look down from the balcony above.
James A. Wilson (right), member of the Native Sons of the Golden West, presenting an U. S. flag to another man at the dedication ceremony for the Santa Barbara Courthouse. Ceremony participants are seated on folding chairs and the courthouse entrance is behind them.
Six members of the Native Sons of Golden West pose for a photograph with the bronze medallion that they presented at the dedication of the Santa Barbara Courthouse. James A. Wilson, Junior Past Grand President, is on the far right. The medallion is inscribed: "Native Sons Of The Golden West, Dedicated august 14 1929." They are standing in front of the main doorway to the courthouse where the dedication took place.
Father Augustine Hobrecht, the superior of the Mission, speaking at a microphone in front of the main entrance to the newly completed Santa Barbara Courthouse at the dedication ceremony. Seated in folding chairs behind him are other dedication participants including members of the Native Sons of the Golden West in Spanish style dress.
At the dedication of the Santa Barbara Courthouse, the ceremonial setting of a bronze medallion provided by the Native Sons of Golden West. The participants are shown mixing the ingredients of water from each of the California missions with sand and gravel from each of the counties in California on the main stage in front of the main entrance to the courthouse.
Birdseye view of the dedication ceremony for the Santa Barbara County Courthouse with the dedication participants on the left, performers on the lawn in the center and spectators seated on the lawn in the background.
This photograph was part of the coverage taken for the Los Angeles Times article "Charm of Spanish Days Retained: Santa Barbara Gay For Fiesta, Beautiful New Courthouse Formally Dedicated, History of State Pictured in $1,500,000 structure, Three-Day Festival Opens Today With Pageant," 8/15/1929.