From left to right, Ruben C. Navarro (Mexican Consul at San Diego), Don Francisco Castillo Navarro (Mexican Ambassador to the United States), Rafael Fuentes and Ricardo Hill stand in Glendale's Grand Central Air Terminal. They stand in a semi-circle that is open to camera and appear to be in conversation. A few other unknown men stand nearby along the left edge. A balcony at left and windows at right line the terminal's clerestory in the background.
Caption for a similar photograph taken on the same occasion: Bouquet Canyon Earth-Fill Dam Rapidly Taking on Permanent Form. Work Progressing. The city's dam in Bouquet Canyon to furnish storage for both water and power and to replace the ill-fated St. Francis Dam is rising steadily each day to the tune of rumbling trucks hauling earth from the pits to the dam site. The view here is from upstream looking at the concrete covered upstream face. The white streaks are streams of water poured on to aid the concrete to cure properly [Los Angeles Times, 6 Sept. 1933].
The Bryson-Bonebrake Building on South Spring Street and 2nd Street was constructed 1886-1888. Two stories were added in 1904. It was demolished in 1934. The architect was Joseph Cather Newsom and the brick contractor was A. McNally.