Six members of the Native Sons of Golden West pose for a photograph with the bronze medallion that they presented at the dedication of the Santa Barbara Courthouse. James A. Wilson, Junior Past Grand President, is on the far right. The medallion is inscribed: "Native Sons Of The Golden West, Dedicated august 14 1929." They are standing in front of the main doorway to the courthouse where the dedication took place.
Related to Los Angeles Times article, May 1, 1933, Throng Honors Nation’s Chief, President’s Day Ceremony Draws Crowd of 50,000, Ten Thousand in Procession at Memorial Coliseum, Representatives of Many Countries Participate
The Shrine Auditorium was designed in the Moorish Revival style by San Francisco-based theater architect G. Albert Lansburgh, with local architects John C. Austin and A. M. Edelman associated. When built, the auditorium could hold 1,200 people on stage and seat an audience of 6,442.
Senora Louisa Arenas de Stanchfield, surviving daughter of Luis Arenas, presiding over the dedication of Pioneers Monument in Ganesha Park. The monument is in the form of a relief plaque in an elevated concrete frame, with a semicircular retaining wall made of river stones against a wooded hill behind it. Luis Arenas, Ignacio Palomares and Ricardo Vejar were the Spanish grantees of ranch on which Pomona is built.