The tug boat John N. Stewart was owned by William Wrigley and took its maiden voyage in 1926. It was the first electrically driven tug boat on the Pacific Coast. It was named after the vice president of the Wilmington Transportation Company.
From left to right, Mrs. Nichols Milbank, Jr. (Dot) and Mrs. John B. Keith (Frankie) pose on a sailboat. The camera pans up towards the 2 women, who stand side-by-side, off-center to the left. The boat's hull stretches along the bottom edge and is marked, "A157." Behind the women, masts, rigging and a small cabin sit atop the boat's deck.
View of swimmers beginning the Wrigley Ocean Marathon at Isthmus Cove on Santa Catalina Island. Starting with the swimmer in the 1-shouldered black swim suit on the right, seven swimmers are identified in the newspaper caption from R to L. Boats in the water wait to accompany the swimmers, who attempting to swim the channel to Point Vincent on the Palos Verdes Peninsula.
Calvin Coolidge (light colored suit), Grace Coolidge (?) light colored dress, William Wrigley (right of Calvin Coolidge) and others at the estate of William Wrigley on Santa Catalina Island overlooking Avalon Bay (398 Wrigley Rd., Avalon).
Calvin Coolidge (left) and William Wrigley shake hands at Wrigley's Santa Catalina Island home (398 Wrigley Rd., Avalon) during the visit of President and Mrs. Coolidge to Los Angeles and Santa Barbara.