Birdseye view of the dedication ceremony for the Santa Barbara County Courthouse with the dedication participants on the left, performers on the lawn in the center and spectators seated on the lawn in the background.
This photograph was part of the coverage taken for the Los Angeles Times article "Charm of Spanish Days Retained: Santa Barbara Gay For Fiesta, Beautiful New Courthouse Formally Dedicated, History of State Pictured in $1,500,000 structure, Three-Day Festival Opens Today With Pageant," 8/15/1929.
Seen from the back, a procession lead by man carrying a flag, followed by a conquistador, a monk, and soldiers in the parade for the Old Spanish Days Fiesta in Santa Barbara. Signs on commercial buildings read: "Pelch & Blauvelt Cigars," "Blue Bird Cafe."
Member of the Native Sons of the Golden West standing at a microphone in front of the newly completed Santa Barbara County Courthouse during the dedication ceremony. Other participants in the ceremony are seated on folding chairs behind him. The ceremony took place on the day before the start of the annual "Old Spanish Days" festival.