Six members of the Native Sons of Golden West pose for a photograph with the bronze medallion that they presented at the dedication of the Santa Barbara Courthouse. James A. Wilson, Junior Past Grand President, is on the far right. The medallion is inscribed: "Native Sons Of The Golden West, Dedicated august 14 1929." They are standing in front of the main doorway to the courthouse where the dedication took place.
This photograph was part of the coverage taken for the Los Angeles Times article "Charm of Spanish Days Retained: Santa Barbara Gay For Fiesta, Beautiful New Courthouse Formally Dedicated, History of State Pictured in $1,500,000 structure, Three-Day Festival Opens Today With Pageant," 8/15/1929.