- The first base was established in 1929, while the last, Little America V, was established in 1956 at Kainan Bay. Little America II was established in 1934, and during the 1934-1935 expedition, many souvenir letters were sent from Little America, using a commemorative postage stamp issued by the U.S. government. Glendale's float received a special award, a consolation prize after the float's entry having been delayed en route to the parade.
- January 1, 1934
- Resource Type:
- still image
Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections210
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Dept. of Special Collections109
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections46
- Tournament of Roses3
- Goodhue Flagpole (Pasadena, Calif.)2
- more Repository Sim »
You searched for: Location Pasadena (Calif.) Remove constraint Location: Pasadena (Calif.)Start Over
Not finding what you're looking for? More items may be available on our original digital collections site.