The "Queen of the Seven Seas", also the Queen of the Rose Parade, 19-year-old Pasadena Junior College student Treva Scott, would ride this float through the parade along with her attendants. The float featured a sea of poppies, over which the Queen drove a chariot pulled by three giant goldfish, composed of Talisman roses and maidenhair ferns. The Pasadena Memorial Flagpole (Goodhue Flagpole) is visible behind the float in its original location in the middle of the intersection of Orange Grove and Colorado Boulevard.
The first base was established in 1929, while the last, Little America V, was established in 1956 at Kainan Bay. Little America II was established in 1934, and during the 1934-1935 expedition, many souvenir letters were sent from Little America, using a commemorative postage stamp issued by the U.S. government. Glendale's float received a special award, a consolation prize after the float's entry having been delayed en route to the parade.