ANSWER: Sure, it's the memorial to the late U.S. Sen. Frank Putnam Flint on the south, or 1st St., lawn of the City Hall. It was erected and dedicated in 1933. A prominent Southland attorney and developer before his death in 1929, Flint also was the founder of Flintridge Estate.
Sculpture depicts a barefoot, muscular young man in working clothes in a squatting position. He is holding up a large wheel that rests on the ground in front of him. The interior of the wheel is cast in relief, with wheels, gears, and other symbols of the industrial age.