- Private detective Pearl Antibus appears in court with her daughter Norma Thelan and son Robert Antibus during her trial against millionaire Thomas W. Warner, Sr. Thomas Warner, Jr. sits next to the Antibus family. Mrs. Antibus sued Mr. Warner after her home was raided by Buron Fitts and several of his deputies at the request of Mr. Warner. The raid of Mrs. Antibus' home was conducted in order to search for Mr. Warner's son, Thomas W. Warner, Jr. Mr. Warner, Jr. was found hiding inside the home with his girlfriend Mrs. Jean MacDonald. The pair had been hiding in the home from Mr. Warner, Sr. who was opposed to their relationship and was seeking to end all contact between the pair. Mrs. Antibus served as a private detective for Mr. Warner, Jr. and had previously conducted an investigation into the life of Mrs. MacDonald in attempt to determine whether she was truly in love with Mr. Warner, Jr. Mrs. Antibus alleged that the raid left several of her visitors injured and was unnecessarily violent.
- April 1938
- Resource Type:
- still image
Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections1,968
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections626
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Dept. of Special Collections543
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Henry J. Bruman Map Collection137
- June L. Mazer Lesbian Archives1
- more Repository Sim »
You searched for: Location Los Angeles (Calif.) Remove constraint Location: Los Angeles (Calif.)Start Over
Not finding what you're looking for? More items may be available on our original digital collections site.