F. E. Olds was a manufacturer of musical instruments founded by Frank Ellsworth Olds in Los Angeles, in the early 1900s. The company made brass instruments, especially trombones, cornets, and trumpets. Olds was joined by his son Reginald Birdsall (R.B.) Olds in 1920. The company was purchased by Chicago Musical Instruments after World War II, and went out of business in 1979.
Advertising photograph promoting the uniform quality of Ghirardelli chocolate. A grid of chocolate bon-bons on a paper covered wooden platform appears in front of an illustration with 4 identical women in silhouette making chocolates below the word "Uniform."
Taken from scan of back of photograph: Back Row 1 Eldon A. Johnson - IBM ? [illegible] 2 Joseph J. Kohl - Ashland Wisconsin - Contractor 3 Harry P. Jabel[?] - H.S. Teacher[?] 4 Carl E. Bierhauer - IBM[?] Supervisor in Bank[?] 5 Albert
Photograph of typescript note accompanying photograph 21198/zz002dfx61, which appears to be misfiled, and reads, "Wives of California Bar Association – nat convention. Mmes. Benjamin F. Bledsoe, John Perry Wood and Fanchon Armitage."
Photograph of a typescript document that describes the related photograph ark no. 21198/zz002dfwxd and reads, "10. Left to right. J. Ross Clark, II, of Los Angeles, Baron and Baroness von Romberg and Mrs. Clark, II, photographed at the Santa Barbara Biltmore."
Perspective map not drawn to scale. Panel title (on verso of map): "City of Los Angeles, 1850-1950, growth of the water and power systems under American law." Caption on verso: "The story of Los Angeles is the struggle for water and power"
Two ancillary maps on verso: "Map of Southern California showing the real Orange Belt of California in the interior valleys of San Bernardino County and the relation of those valleys to the coast including railroad connections" "Map of the Alessandro tract, Bear Valley Irrigation Co."
"Comprising 25,000 acres. The 40 acre tracts are square of 1320x1320 f. The 5 acre lots are 330x660 feet. The block of town lots are 270x620 feet. The two centre streets are 100 feet and all other streets are 80 feet wide. 40 acres reserved for College & Farm School"
"Compiled from official surveys under the supervision of Dana H. Burks, Secretary, "Street Naming Commission" and showing all changes--326 in number--made by the Commission and approved by the City Council." "Entered according to act of Congress in the office of the Librarian of Congress at Washington, D.C. in the year 1897, by Los Angeles Directory Co."