Written in the Netherlands in the mid-15th century; Bodleian Library MS Marshall 109 (SC 5309) is similar in dimensions, content, and layout, although the script is not the same. Belonged to the Dutch bibliophile J. A. Dortmond (bookplate), his no. Hd 427. Purchased from Sam Fogg, Rare Books Ltd., London, in January 1993, by Richard and Mary Rouse. Given to UCLA in 2005.
Once part of a prayerbook probably written in the fifteenth century in the archdiocese of Utrecht. Brevity of the calendar and the pocket size suggest personal use. Separately bound since at least 1861 when it was sold by the London publisher and bookseller John Camden Hotten (1832-1873; DNB  9.1310-1311): on rear flyleaf (older paper), “from J.C. Hotten’s Catalogue (A.D. 1861) Part xxxiv no. 259.” Acquired in 1912 by the British historian and liturgist Francis C. Eeles (1876-1954), who in 1940 gave it to his secretary Judith D. G. Scott, who wrote Eeles’s memoir in 1956: in ink on front pastedown, “Ex libris Francisci C. Eeles 1912” and “For Judith on her birthday 6th March 1940 with many happy returns of the day. F. C. Eeles” (see J.D.G. Scott, F. C. Eeles, King’s College Chapel Aberdeen … Memoir of Dr. F. C. Eeles [Aberdeen 1956], pp. ix-xxii). Note on first flyleaf in Eeles’ hand: “Kalendar from a Book of the Hours of the Blessed Virgin Mary according to the Use of Utrecht.” The book was probably sold with Judith Scott’s estate after her death. Catalog or sale number, f. i, “CR 387.” Bought from Kenneth Karmiole Bookseller Inc., Santa Monica, CA, by Richard and Mary Rouse in December 1989. Given to UCLA in 2005.
Written in the second half of the thirteenth century in an area with Germanic influence on script forms, probably in the diocese of Liège to judge from the saints mentioned. St. Odulf (Utrecht) suggests the border area between the archdiocese of Cologne and the diocese of Liège, while both Domitian of Maestricht and especially the translation of Lambert of Maestricht point to Liège and the Brabant. Probably from the Phillipps collection. Bought from H.P. Kraus, New York, in 1983 by Richard and Mary Rouse, along with other fragments including Rouse MS 105 (see for modern provenance). Given to UCLA in 2005.