- This collection includes electronic copies of documents related to the review of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department investigation into the death of Ruben Salazar on August 29, 1970. The investigation report was completed on February 22, 2011. Mr. Salazar was a columnist for the Los Angeles Times and a news director at KMEX, Los Angeles’ pioneering Spanish-language television station. He was killed by a tear-gas canister fired by a deputy during a raid on the Silver Dollar bar in East Los Angeles. At the time, he was covering the Chicano Moratorium against the Vietnam War. This collection was donated to the UCLA Chicano Studies Research Center in August 2011 by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. Following their accession, the LACSD confirmed the status of the materials as being in the public domain and approved the dissemination of these records through the UCLA Digital Library. The collection consists of the 2011 report as well as electronic copies of photographs, redacted documents, and audio recordings from the 1970 investigation.
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections3
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections3
- UCLA Chicano Studies Research Center Library & Archive2
- University of California, Los Angeles. Ethnomusicology Archive2
- Fowler Museum at UCLA1
- more Repository Sim »
You searched for: Object Type Collection Remove constraint Has Model Ssim: CollectionStart Over
Not finding what you're looking for? More items may be available on our original digital collections site.