In view is the main lecture hall entrance of the Chemistry Building (Haines Hall). The Physics-Biology in the background was subsequently known as Kinsey Hall before its current designation as the Humanities Building.
Looking northeast from the octagonal dome of the Library (Powell Library), Royce Hall and the Chemistry Building (Haines Hall) appear here near the end of their construction. The south wing of the Chemistry Building would not be added until 1933.
The arroyo bridge was the first structure completed on the new campus. The arroyo was filled in 1947 creating Dickson Court (North and South). The Bridge, now buried up to its neck, remains today as Dickson Court Bridge.
The west side of the building photographed after landscaping, but prior to the addition of the north wing. The Physics-Biology Building was renamed Kinsey Hall and is today known as the Humanities Building.
Photographed from the Library's octagonal dome, the west side of the Physics-Biology Building (Kinsey Hall, subsequently Humanities Building) is shown in the final stages of construction. Westwood Hills appears in the background.