- About the subjects:Harry Carr was a reporter, editor and columnist with the Times for almost all of his career. He was given an honorable mention by a Pulitzer Prize committee on awards. After he died of a heart attack at age fifty-eight, his funeral was attended by more than a thousand people. Lanier Bartlett wrote for the Times and also wrote film scripts. Mabel Brigham was a Times society editor. Edward F. Dishman joined the Times as the night city editor after his 1897 arrival in Los Angeles, and later became the Los Angeles Chief of Police. John A. Gray joined with the Times in 1899, went on to the Hearst newspaper and in 1931 became the executive secretary of the Municipal Light and Power Defense League. W. R. Greenwood was a rancher and a reporter for the Times from 1893 to 1911. Frank Greaves joined the Times editorial staff some time after his arrival in Los Angeles in 1890 and started a printing business in 1910. John von Blon was an editor at the Times for 17 years. Julian Johnson joined the Times in the early 1900's and was the drama critic by 1911. After other journalism positions in New York, he returned to Los Angeles to write for film. William S. Livengood was with the Times from 1895 to 1907 as police, courthouse and City Hall reporter, telegraph editor, and contest manager.A. M. Row was an editor at the Los Angeles Times from 1897 to 1912. His work as editor of the church department earned him the nickname "The Deacon." He also wrote Los Angeles Times articles on topics of religion, and hiking and camping. In addition to her articles for the Times, Constance Lindsay Skinner wrote for papers in Canada, Chicago and New York. She also published children's books.
- Date Created:
- January 10, 1935
- Resource Type:
- still image
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
- Newspaper editors--American--California--Los Angeles1
- Newspaper employees--California--Los Angeles[remove]1
- Reporters--American--California--Los Angeles1
You searched for: Genre copy prints Remove constraint Genre: copy prints Location Los Angeles (Calif.) Remove constraint Location: Los Angeles (Calif.) Names Bartlett, Lanier Remove constraint Names: Bartlett, Lanier Subject Newspaper employees--California--Los Angeles Remove constraint Subject: Newspaper employees--California--Los AngelesStart Over
Not finding what you're looking for? More items may be available on our original digital collections site.