- 14-year-old Mildred Douglas, who, along with friend Donna (or Zelia K.) Thompson, was reported missing. A young girl reported seeing them get into a car with 31-year-old H. B. Millard. When called in for questioning Millard testified that he did pick up Douglas and Thompson but dropped them off when he realized how young they were. Millard reported that the girls told him they were running away from home. Girls fitting the description of Douglas and Thompson were seen in an Ontario auto camp one day later.
- January 1940
- Resource Type:
- still image
Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections2,580
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections1,383
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Dept. of Special Collections672
- Goodhue Flagpole (Pasadena, Calif.)2
- Tournament of Roses2
- more Repository Sim »
You searched for: Genre cellulose nitrate film Remove constraint Genre: cellulose nitrate film Language No linguistic content Remove constraint Language: No linguistic contentStart Over
Not finding what you're looking for? More items may be available on our original digital collections site.