Paper; 89 folios. Text in notragir, written in one column on 28 lines. Subtitles of texts in red bolorgir. Large decorative initials on the opening lines of text: the first lines of text are in magenta arkat’agir, the second in red bolorgir, the rest of the page in notragir. Numerous initials throughout the codex in red notragir capital letters.There are two sets of quire numbers. According to the original numbering, the codex consisted of 8 quires, but at least 8 leaves are missing at the beginning and others at the end of the book. The first numbered quire is on fol. 9v, designating it as quire 2. The remaining numbered quires have a varying number of leaves: no. 3 has fourteen, no. 4 has sixteen, nos. 5, 6, and 12 have twelve, and no. 7 has ten leaves. According to the second set of quire numbers, the original codex consisted of 14 numbered quires.
Text in bolorgir, written in two columns. Columns separated by border lines in purple ink. Subtitles and other divisions throughout the codex in red ink. Index on fols. 267-276 is in minuscule notragir. Corrections of text in the margins in notragir. The codex has two sets of numbers. The book originally consisted of 560 pages numbered by the scribe with the letters of the Armenian alphabet, written in the left and right upper corners of the page The ten surviving folios of the codex are not numbered. The second set of numbers was done by Dr. Minasian at a time when the codex consisted of 278 folios. Since then however, fols. 1-4 have disappeared. Twenty-three quires numbered with the letters of the Armenian alphabet, written in large bolorgir in the lower margin of the page, mostly in black but occasionally also in red ink. The quires usually have gatherings of twelve leaves each. Because leaves are missing at the beginning, quire 1 has five and quire 2 has eleven leaves; quires 20 and 23 have eight leaves, and quire 22 has six.
Text in large bolorgir in black ink, written in two columns of 19-21 lines. Initials and first lines of pericopes in large erkat'agir in red ink. Eusebian section numbers in margins against text; concordance numbers in lower margins.According to the principal colophon (fols. 218v-219), the MS was written by the priest Astuacatur, during the pontificate of Catholicos Zak'aria I (Sefedinian, 1296-1327), of the see if Aghtamar. Although the book was initally commissioned by the priests Karapet and Hayrapet, it was actually acquired by Hayrapet. Although the book's okace if execution is unknown, it can perhaps safely be assumed that it was written in teh region of Lake Van.