Oregon police officers Thomas Gurdane and Cecil "Buck" Lieuallen, Los Angeles, 1928
- Oregon police officers Thomas Gurdane and Cecil "Buck" Lieuallen, Los Angeles, 1928
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Related to the article, "Hickman Confesses Kidnaping Girl, Fugitive caught in Breakneck Race with Oregon Officers," Los Angeles Times, 23 Dec. 1927: 1.
Thomas B. Gurdane, Chief of Police, Pendleton, Oregon, and Cecil "Buck" Lieuallen, State Traffic Officer, Oregon. The men captured William Hickman after a car chase in Echo, Oregon.
Hickman was extradited to Los Angeles where he was tried and sentence to death for the kidnapping and murder of 12-year old Marion Parker. The two officers testified at Hickman's trial in 1928. Hickman was executed at San Quentin, October 19, 1928.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Gurdane, Thomas B., 1872-1968
Lieuallen, Cecil L. , 1899-1969
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource Type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- No license recorded