"Chinese Empress" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1936
- "Chinese Empress" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1936
- Date Created
- January 1, 1936
- Los Angeles Daily News
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
Chinese Empress Wan Qua Fei float in a staging area, probably on S. Orange Grove Blvc. The float features a carriage lead by dragons with Lili Arikawa seated on a throne as the empress, hanging baskets and lanterns, and with 'Long Beach' written on top.
The theme for the forty-seventh Rose Parade was "History in Flowers"
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .