German Otto Peltzer trains on the track at the Coliseum, Los Angeles, 1928
- German Otto Peltzer trains on the track at the Coliseum, Los Angeles, 1928
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- January 11, 1928
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Peltzer was particularly interested in running on the Coliseum track, which he praised as a fast track. Two months after this photograph was taken he ran against local racers and set a new Southern California record. . During World War II, Peltzer was imprisoned by the Germans because was gay.
German Otto Peltzer, who at the time was the world record holder in the 880 meters, trains on the track at the Memorial Coliseum.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- No license recorded