Jules Charbneau with pieces from his collection of miniatures, Los Angeles, 1934
- Jules Charbneau with pieces from his collection of miniatures, Los Angeles, 1934
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- February 19, 1934
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Photograph appears with the headline, "He Seeks Out Tiniest of Curios," Los Angeles Times, 19 Feb 1934: A2.
On a white napkin placed in front of him are several of Charbneau's tiny objects. In one hand he holds a rifle that is only slightly longer than his finger. There are several other objects including a little glass jar and some tiny animal figurines of a cat and some mice.
Charbneau has traveled the world three times and now owns more than 300 objects in his collection of miniatures, some of which are a one-thousandth-of-a-watt electric light bulb and a seed containing thirty-three carved elephants.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- No license recorded