Reverend Erasmus Van Deerlin passes away at 89, Los Angeles, 1936
- Reverend Erasmus Van Deerlin passes away at 89, Los Angeles, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- February 1936
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Photograph appears with the article, "Van Deerlin, Priest, Dies," Los Angeles Times, 27 Feb 1936: A2.
A picture of a photograph of Reverend Van Deerlin holding an open book in his lap. He is a bald man with a solid white beard and glasses. There is a white piece of paper placed over the right side of the photograph with his name written in capital letters.
Reverend Van Deerlin passed away following an illness of several weeks. Several months before his death the Reverend penned his will, picked out his own casket and arranging for his final rites. Born in England, he was a member of the priesthood for 66 years and a former missionary. He is survived by his nine children.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Dept. of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.