Horses leaving the starting gate for a Christmas Day race at Santa Anita Park, Arcadia, 1935
- Horses leaving the starting gate for a Christmas Day race at Santa Anita Park, Arcadia, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- December 25, 1935
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Santa Anita Park, the oldest thoroughbred racetrack in Southern California, opened on December 25, 1934.
About ten race horses leaving the starting gate for a Christmas Day race at Santa Anita Park. Seven men in suits and hats stand next to the gates. Spectators in the grandstand are visible on the lower left.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.