Goodyear-Zeppelin airship approaching the USS Patoka in the Port of Los Angeles, San Pedro, 1932
- Goodyear-Zeppelin airship approaching the USS Patoka in the Port of Los Angeles, San Pedro, 1932
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
The Goodyear-Zeppelin airship (blimp) attempts to moor onto the Navy's fleet oiler the USS Patoka in the San Pedro Harbor. The airship, (blimp) had recently arrived in Southern California, where the mild climate was considered ideal for the weather-sensitive airship.
Related to the articles, “Blimp Volunteer Finds Mooring to Floating Mast at Harbor Easy,” Los Angeles Times, 24 Feb. 1932: A3, and “Ship Could Moor Zeppelin: Patoka, Equipped to Anchor Air Liner in Emergency, Has Received No Orders to be Prepared,” Los Angeles Times, 15 Oct. 1928: 2.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.