Ms. 1 Qeddāsé Māryām, Malek’ā Kidāna Mehrat
- Ms. 1 Qeddāsé Māryām, Malek’ā Kidāna Mehrat
- Alternative title
መልክአ ኪዳነ ምህረት
The Anaphora of Mary
Image of Kidana Meherat (Covenant of Mary)
- Uniform title
- Anaphora of Mary and Images of the Saints
- Place of Origin
- Date Created
- Ethiopic Manuscripts
- Based on the size of the manuscript (it is too small for church service), we can say the purpose of this manuscript is for private use.
The manuscript composed in six quires 10 leaves each.
Written by a single hand. No drawings.
Layout: two columns of text, 14 lines of text per page
Text in black ink. Beginning of each prayer, instructions for the priests and deacons, Saint Mary's name and the name of the Holy Trinity are in red ink.
One of the the official fourteen anaphoras of the Ethiopian orthodox church. Praise for St. Mary and discourse on the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit as the major part of the liturgy.
- On p. 82, the previous owner's name is overwritten with ink and, at the bottom of the page, it says "Ayela Eyasus's origin is in Wallaga."
- Table of Contents
- Pp. 1-82 Anapora of Mary ቅዳሴ ማርያም ;አኰቴተ ቊርባን ዘእግእዝትነ ማርያም ዘደረሰ በመንፈስ ቅዱስ አባ ሕርያቆስ ዘሀገረ ብህንሳ ጐሥዓ ልብየ ቃለ ሠናየ ጐሥዓ ልብየ ቃለ ሠናየ ጐሥዓ ልብየ ቃለ ሠናየ ወአነ አየድዕ ቅዳሴሃ ለማርያም ;Pp. 82-120 Image of Kidana Meheratበስመ እግዚአብሔር ወሃቤ ብርሃን ዘይሤለስ በአካሉ እንዘ ተዋህዶ ያጸንዕ በመለኮቱ ወኃሉ ወዓይነ ልቡና ያብርህ ማኅቶተ ጥበብ ሥነ ጸዳሉ ከመ ይርዓይ ገጸ ነገር በኪዳንኪ ዘይደሉ ማርያም እግዝእተ ኩሉ በታሕቱ ወበላዕሉ
- 120 pages (60 leaves)
- 97 mm x 64 mm x 28 mm
- Vellum and wooden boards
Find This Item
- Local identifier
- Ms. 1
- Copyright Status
- public domain
- No license recorded