Buron Fitts, William E. Simpson, Joe Scott, and Jerry Giesler at perjury trial, Los Angeles, 1936
- Buron Fitts, William E. Simpson, Joe Scott, and Jerry Giesler at perjury trial, Los Angeles, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- January 27, 1936
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Buron Fitts and his legal team. From left to right: Fitts, William Simpson, Joe Scott, Jerry Giesler.
In January 1936, District Attorney Buron Fitts was charged with perjury regarding a 1931 testimony over the sale of a Claremont orange grove. Mrs. Berthall Gregory, Fitts’ sister, sold the grove to Lucien C. Wheeler. Fitts reportedly falsified the amount of money he received through the sale.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- No license recorded