Dr. Ralph Williard and his future test subject, Stephen Simkhovitch, Los Angeles, 1935
- Dr. Ralph Williard and his future test subject, Stephen Simkhovitch, Los Angeles, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- September 4, 1935
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
This photograph is associated with the article, “Freezing Test to Be Taken by Human: Los Angeles Chemist to Conduct New Experiment to Learn Whether Germs Can Be Destroyed He’s Signing His Life Away ‘FREEZING DEATH’ TEST TO BE TAKEN BY HUMAN,” Los Angeles Times, 10 Aug. 1935: 1.
Photograph of Dr. Ralph Williard and his prospective test subject, Stephen Simkhovitch. They are sitting outside, smoking cigarettes, presumably having their photograph taken.
This photograph may be associated with the article, “Mother Files Protest in Freezing-Death Test,” Los Angeles Times, 12 Aug. 1935: 3.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.