Martin G. Aguirre and Frank Dewar seated at a desk, Los Angeles, 1920-1929
- Martin G. Aguirre and Frank Dewar seated at a desk, Los Angeles, 1920-1929
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- [between 1920 and 1929?]
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Martin G. Aguirre was appointed Los Angeles County Sheriff in 1887 and then elected Warden of San Quentin Prison in 1899. He was regarded as one of the last old-time California sheriffs.
Three men sit at a desk, inspecting papers. From left to right, former sheriff Martin G. Aguirre, Chief Deputy Sheriff Frank Dewar, and and an unidentified man.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.