"Conquest of India by Alexander the Great" float at the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1936
- "Conquest of India by Alexander the Great" float at the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1936
- Date Created
- January 1, 1936
- Los Angeles Daily News
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
A floral replica of an Indian temple on the back with Alice Williams and Anna McDougal as veiled princesses seated on the steps, and two floral chargers pulling Alexander, played by Sammy Schwartz, in a golden chariot in the front. The float was entered by the Pasadena Water Dept. The float is seen at the intersection of Colorado Boulevard and Orange Grove Blvd.
The theme for the forty-seventh Rose Parade was "History in Flowers"
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Parades & processions--California--Pasadena
- Tournament of Roses
- Pasadena (Calif.)
- Resource type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Rights statement
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .