Clara Phillips bids farewell to prison warden Josephine Jackson, Tehachapi, 1935
- Clara Phillips bids farewell to prison warden Josephine Jackson, Tehachapi, 1935
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- June 17, 1935
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Dates on negative sleeve do not correspond with reporting on Clara Phillips’ release from prison, which was on June 17, 1935.
Clara Phillips, left, embraces Warden Josephine Jackson, right, before she leaves the women's prison at Tehachapi.
This photograph is likely related to the article, "Murderess, Free, Leaves With Sisters," Los Angeles Times, 18 Jun 1935: 1.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds. and Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds.
- No license recorded