Los Angeles County's prize-winning Belgian draft horses are sold at auction. April 18, 1934.
- Los Angeles County's prize-winning Belgian draft horses are sold at auction. April 18, 1934.
- Los Angeles Daily News
- Date Created
- April 18, 1934
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- Five of the twenty-six Belgian draft horses being auctioned off by Los Angeles County at Los Angeles's Union Stock Yards. L.A. County's Board of Supervisors had assessed that the draft horses, though they had won many prizes and obtained national recognition, were too expensive to continue to care for. The twenty-six horses netted $11,367.50 at auction.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .