Newlyweds Sally Clark and George X. McLanahan prepare to go on their honeymoon, Los Angeles, 1938
- Newlyweds Sally Clark and George X. McLanahan prepare to go on their honeymoon, Los Angeles, 1938
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- December 6, 1938
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
A similar photograph taken on the same occasion appears with the headline, "Here On Honeymoon," Los Angeles Times, 08 Dec 1938: 3.
Sally is the 18-year-old sister of President Roosevelt's newest daughter-in-law. She will be staying in Southern California for a week with her new husband George X. McLanahan before they begin their 3 month honeymoon in Hawaii.
Standing outside of the train, Sally wears a fur jacket and clutches a book in her arms. Beside her George smokes a cigarette.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Railroad trains--American--California--Los Angeles
Arrivals & departures--American--California--Los Angeles
McLanahan, Sally Clark, 1920 or 21-1981
McLanahan, George X., 1913-1970
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource Type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Haynes Foundation funds. and Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.