Ernest Gilman Button with the memorial plaque for Peyton C. March, Jr., Riverside, 1936
- Ernest Gilman Button with the memorial plaque for Peyton C. March, Jr., Riverside, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- August 10, 1936
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Similar photograph appears with the article, "Plaque Dedication Set for March Field Today," Los Angeles Times, 09 Aug 1936: A7.
Button holds up his plaque which reads: MARCH FIELD THIS UNITED STATES ARMY AIR CORPS FLYING FIELD IS DEDICATED TO THE MEMORY OF PEYTON C. MARCH, JR., SECOND LIEUTENANT 182D AERO SQUADRON WHO LOST HIS LIFE IN AN AIRPLANE ACCIDENT AT FORT WORTH TEXAS, FEBRUARY 13, 1918 THIS MONUMENT PRESENTED BY RIVERSIDE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE JULY 1, 1936
After the dedication of the field there will be an open house at the post affording the opportunity for anyone to see hangars, airplanes, armaments, and other features of the air defense post. The plaque will be placed on a giant boulder in a cactus garden laid out in a triangular park.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Dept. of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.