Mary Jane Fong holding a gong stick and standing next to a Chinese lion in Chinatown, Los Angeles, 1927
- Mary Jane Fong holding a gong stick and standing next to a Chinese lion in Chinatown, Los Angeles, 1927
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- February 1927
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
This may be the same Mary Jane Fong featured in two other Los Angeles Times articles: "Little Senorita Fong Believes She's Chinese; Curious Case of a Little Mexican Girl Adopted by a Lonely and Childless Chinese Wife, The Case of Mary Fong" 3/11/1923; and "Newcomers Listed at Orphan's Home," 1/24/1928.
Little Mary Jane Fong holding a gong stick and standing next to a Chinese lion. The lion was being prepared for the February 5 New Year celebration in Chinatown. (Although it is identified as a dragon in the newspaper article, another photograph taken on the same occasion identifies it as a lion and shows the shorter lion's body, ark no. 21198/zz002d9cvb).
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.