"Neptune's Chariot" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1934
- "Neptune's Chariot" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1934
- Los Angeles Daily News
- Date Created
- January 1, 1934
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
View of the "Neptune's Chariot" float with a giant sea turtle pulling a shell chariot. The sea god and 2 attendants are absent due to the rain. The Pasadena Memorial Flagpole (Goodhue Flagpole) is visible behind the float in its original location in the middle of the intersection of Orange Grove and Colorado Boulevard. The float was entered by the Texaco company.
The theme of the 1934 Rose Parade was: Tales of the Seven Seas. It rained during the parade that year.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Parades & processions--California--Pasadena
Tournament of Roses
Goodhue Flagpole (Pasadena, Calif.)
- Pasadena (Calif.)
- Resource Type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- Copyright Status
- Rights Country
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .