Women evacuating Staber's Beauty Salon because of a fire at the nearby Melody Lane Café, Los Angeles, 1947
- Women evacuating Staber's Beauty Salon because of a fire at the nearby Melody Lane Café, Los Angeles, 1947
- Los Angeles Daily News
- Date Created
- April 3, 1947
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- Women evacuating Staber’s Beauty Salon because of a fire at the nearby Melody Lane Café. The fire began in the roof of the Melody Lane kitchen and high winds swept the blaze through neighboring Wilshire Blvd. businesses including Staber’s Salon, the Pig’n Whistle candy and pastry shop, Randall Optometrist, McKiernan’s Fashions, Horton & Converse Pharmacy. Capt. Noble Swanson suffered a back sprain, bruises and cuts when a section of roof caved in on him. No one else was injured but total damage was estimated to exceed $200,000.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .