Sailors prepare a P2Y-1 Navy seaplane, San Francisco, 1934
- Sailors prepare a P2Y-1 Navy seaplane, San Francisco, 1934
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- January 1934
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Seven sailors prepare a P2Y-1 Navy seaplane for take-off. Identification visible on the plane includes "US Navy" and "P2Y-1."
Related to Los Angeles Times article, "Six Navy Planes Fueled for Hop to Honolulu; Take-off today Harbinger of Battle of five Nations to Control Transoceanic Air Trade," 10 Jan. 1934: 1. This article reports the flight of 6 P2Y-1 aircraft on the first non-stop formation from San Francisco (Mare Island, San Pablo Bay) to Pearl Harbor by squadron VP-10. The planes were named sequentially from 10-P-1 through 10-P-6.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.