Henry O'Melveny in his garden in Stone Canyon, Los Angeles, 1936
- Henry O'Melveny in his garden in Stone Canyon, Los Angeles, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- March 19, 1936
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Mr. O'Melveny stands amongst the rows upon rows of flowers in his garden on his property in Stone Canyon at 1709 Stone Canyon Road.
A history of gardens in California is given. Septuagenarian Henry O'Melveny tends to the gardens on his generous property with much admiration from Los Angeles citizens.
Similar photograph appears with the article, "How California Gardens Grew," Los Angeles Times, 29 Mar 1936: 21.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Stone Canyon (Calif.)
Older people--California--Los Angeles
- O'Melveny, Henry, 1859-1941
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource Type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Dept. of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- No license recorded