"Queen of Hearts" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1933
- "Queen of Hearts" float in the Tournament of Roses Parade, Pasadena, 1933
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- January 2, 1933
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
The theme of the 1933 forty-fourth annual Rose Parade was "Fairy Tales in Flowers."
The Barbara Ann Bakery entered this float featuring a fantasy meadow with large loaf of bread backed by a giant heart and inhabited by a little queen and 3 visible fairies. A floral sign on the side reads: "Barbara Ann Bread" and the floral sign on the front reads: "Queen of Hearts." The float was photographed before the parade in front of the house formerly at 743 S. Orange Blvd.
- 1 photograph
- 4 x 5 inches
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- Copyright Status
- Rights Country
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- No license recorded