Murder suspect Fred Stettler and coroner Frank Monfort, Los Angeles, 1936
- Murder suspect Fred Stettler and coroner Frank Monfort, Los Angeles, 1936
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- February 25, 1936
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Fred sits on the witness stand, his body facing Frank Monfort. The legs of some of the jury members can be seen sitting on Fred's other side.
Photograph appears with the article, "Fitts to Act on Stettler," Los Angeles Times, 26 Feb 1936: 9.
25-year-old Swiss chauffeur Gottfried "Fred" Stettler is being held in suspicion of the murder of Mr. and Mrs. Carl and Dorothea Barbour. Car dealer Smyt Lentz claimed Stettler confessed to the murders then repudiated his story.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
cellulose nitrate film
Criminal investigations--California--Los Angeles
Judicial proceedings--California--Los Angeles
Monfort, Frank, 1876-1966
Stettler, Gottfried, b. 1911
- Los Angeles (Calif.)
- Resource Type
- still image
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Dept. of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.