Man stands at ruins of home destroyed by the Sunset Canyon fire, Los Angeles, 1927
- Man stands at ruins of home destroyed by the Sunset Canyon fire, Los Angeles, 1927
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- [circa December 4, 1927]
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Related to the article, "Fire Perils Home Area. Blaze Sweeping Verdugo Hills. Two Hundred Men Battle Flames Fanned by Brisk Wind. Three Houses Doomed and Hundred Threatened Near La Crescenta." Los Angeles Times, 4 Dec. 1927: 1.
View of the hearth amid the ruins of a home destroyed by the Sunset Canyon fires of early December, 1927. A man stands before the ruins. The fires destroyed approximately 100 bungalows and cabins in Sunset Canyon and caused additional damage elsewhere. Thousands fought the fire over several days.
This photograph appears in the article, "Raging Bush Fires Wipe Out Mountain Retreats in Sunset Canyon." Los Angeles Times, 5 Dec. 1927: A8.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
- No license recorded