M. D. Martin, proprietor of the National Forest Inn, observes damage following a fire, California, 1932
- M. D. Martin, proprietor of the National Forest Inn, observes damage following a fire, California, 1932
- Los Angeles Times
- Date Created
- October 14, 1932
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Times Photographs Collection
Proprietor of the National Forest Inn observes the damage after a fire, most likely started by a lit cigarette in the garage washroom, which destroys the property.
This photograph appears in the article, "Flames Spread Ruin and Menace Highway Travel. Ridge Route Fire Spreads. Blaze which Destroys Forest Inn and Dozen Cabins Leaps to Highways and Perils Travels." Los Angeles Times, 15 Oct. 1932: A1. A second image of the smoke reaching the highway appears above it.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.