Test of a plan proposed to speed up peak-hour traffic on Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, March 1940
- Test of a plan proposed to speed up peak-hour traffic on Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, March 1940
- Los Angeles Daily News
- Date Created
- March 1940
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- Test of a "streamlined" traffic plan proposed by street traffic engineer Ralph Dorsey for peak-hour traffic on Wilshire Boulevard. The plan included an off-set center lane and no left turns during peak times, the changes would affect Wilshire Blvd, Flower, Figueroa, and 8th streets. After much debate, the plan was eventually rejected by the City Council.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .