William F. Gettle's kidnappers leave the L.A. county courthouse after being charged with the crime of extortion through the mails. May 28, 1934.
- William F. Gettle's kidnappers leave the L.A. county courthouse after being charged with the crime of extortion through the mails. May 28, 1934.
- Los Angeles Daily News
- Date Created
- May 28, 1934
- No linguistic content
- Los Angeles Daily News Negatives
- William F. Gettle's three kidnappers, Larry Kerrigan (center left, in dark hat), James F. Kirk (at Kerrigan's left) and Roy A. Williams (at Williams' left) leave the Los Angeles County court house. The trio had pled guilty to the kidnapping of William F. Gettle, wealthy Beverly Hills businessman, and received life sentences at San Quentin penitentiary. However, they were then charged with the crime of attempted extortion through the mails. If convicted of said crime, they would lose the possibility of parole. May 28, 1934.
- 1 photograph
- b&w nitrate negative
Find This Item
- University of California, Los Angeles. Library. Department of Special Collections
- Local identifier
- Manifest url
- Copyright Status
- Rights Holder
- UCLA Charles E. Young Research Library Department of Special Collections, A1713 Young Research Library, Box 951575, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1575. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: (310)825-4988
- Rights Country
- Funding Note
- Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License .